- YouTube rejected my video for being too long..
With a new YouTube account, YouTube will only allow you to upload videos that are no longer than 15 minutes. To upload longer videos, you will need to 'verify' your account - follow the steps here or go to https://www.youtube.com/verify
- Is it possible to upload videos without the "Uploaded in HD @ TunesToTube.com" watermark?
Yes! you can choose to upgrade which will give you access to these extra features:
The watermark is removed by default
Batch Upload Mode
Process 50 audio files at once
Scheduled Uploads / Tweets
Specify a date and time in the future for your upload to go live, or your Tweet to get sent
Increased Daily Upload Quota
Up to 100 videos a day (more for accounts that have special YouTube access)
A completely clean, ad-free experience
Larger Google Drive™ transfers
Transfer files up to 400MB from Google Drive
Send your MP3 and image to SoundCloud at the same time as the YouTube upload
Transfer files from your SoundCloud account to the upload queue without leaving tunestotube
Tweet about your latest upload and include a 30 second video clip
Save description and tags
So you don't have to copy them in every time
Live / Private, tick-boxes, etc. on the upload form
Use ID3 Tags
Extract ID3 information from MP3s and dynamically insert into Title, Description and Tags
Use ID3 Images
Extract the image from the ID3 tag on the audio file and use this as the background
Save a background image
So you don't have to re-upload for your next video
Upload files via a URL
Transfers files hosted on your Website, DropBox®, Google Drive™ etc.
- The video has been uploaded to my YouTube account, but I can't find it.
You will have been given a link when the upload was complete - if you didn't take a note of it, you are able to see all of your videos by going to http://www.youtube.com/my_videos. You will need to make sure you are logged in to the same YouTube account you used with TunesToTube
- How long does it take to process and index my video?
It can vary depending on video length and how busy the YouTube servers are - this is taken directly from the YouTube support pages:
"An uploaded video will immediately be visible in an authenticated user's uploaded videos feed. However, the video will not be visible on YouTube until it has been processed and indexed. The length of time between when the video is uploaded and when the video is publicly visible on YouTube varies. However, videos are usually indexed within one day and may be indexed in several hours or even less than an hour."
- What is the 'Connect With Soundcloud' feature?
If you have upgraded, and have a Soundcloud account, you can connect TunesToTube to it so you can upload the mp3 to Soundcloud at the same time as the video is uploaded to YouTube.
When your account is connected, you will see a 'Send to Soundcloud' tick-box on the main upload page. You can also transfer MP3 files directly from SoundCloud to the upload queue if you have someting uploaded there but not on YouTube.
- Why am I getting the "Low sample rate detected" message?
You get this message because the site cannot use your MP3 to make a video. The program that the site uses (FFMPEG) does not support sample rates of less than ~16000hz.
You will need to follow the instructions below to re-encode your mp3 so the sample rate is higher (44100hz is best):
If you do not have Audacity (an open-source music editor), you can download it from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/
- Start Audacity
- Click File > Open - find the mp3 file you need to re-encode and click 'Open. The file should now be open in Audacity.
- Look for the 'Project Rate (Hz)' setting in the bottom-left corner and set to 44100
- Click File > Export
- Select 'MP3' from the 'Save as Type' drop-down menu. If this is the first time you have used Audacity to export an mp3, you will need to follow the LAME Installation instructions (below).
- Click 'Options' and select a bitrate - 320kbps is the best quality (but also largest)
- Click 'Save'
- Go to the LAME download page - http://lame1.buanzo.com.ar
- Under "For Audacity on Windows", left-click the link "Lame v3.99.3 for Windows.exe" and save the file anywhere on your computer. Do not right-click the link to the .exe file.
- Double-click "Lame v3.99.3 for Windows.exe" to launch it (you can safely ignore any warnings that the "publisher could not be verified").
- Follow the "Setup" instructions to install LAME for Audacity. Do not change the offered destination location of "C:\Program Files\Lame for Audacity".
- The first time you use the "Export as MP3" command, Audacity will ask for the location of "lame_enc.dll". Navigate to "C:\Program Files\Lame for Audacity", select "lame_enc.dll", then click "Open" and "OK".
- Why have the last few seconds been cut off my video?
YouTube sometimes does not play the last few seconds of a video.
To combat this (for users that upgrade) I have added a 'silence padding' option on the settings page (free users default to 2 seconds silence).
Try setting this to X seconds (X being the amount of time that is being chopped off).
With that setting switched on, the site will add X seconds of silence to the add of all your videos, the idea is that YouTube will chop the silence off but you will still be left with your entire MP3 in tact.
- Why does the site say "File is too big"?
Your file is too large for the limit on your current plan - this can be increased by upgrading. The default limit should be enough for most single mp3s. If you need to upload a really long mp3 (like a mix), try re-encoding it at a lower bitrate (i.e. 320 -> 128kbps) - this will reduce the file-size. Alternatively, you could split the mp3 in to parts, and upload them separately - I use mp3splt for this http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net/mp3splt_page/downloads.php
- Why does the site say "File is too small"?
Make sure you are not trying to upload a shortcut. The minimum filesize is 1kb - so if the file is genuinely an mp3 or an image, you should not get this error.
If you are using a Android phone, use the 'Select Music Track' option. If that doesn't work, try using a different File Explorer program, for example ASTRO File Manager.
- Why does the site say "Filetype not allowed"?
Check to see that the file is an MP3 (.mp3 extension) or Image (.jpeg, .jpg, .gif, .png). Make sure you are not trying to upload a shortcut. If you are using an Android phone - make sure you DON'T use the 'Audio' shortcut to upload the file. Go in to 'Files'
- I have uploaded my video, but when I view it on YouTube it says "An error occurred. Please try again later."
This happens when YouTube is just about to complete processing the video. Wait a few seconds and refresh the YouTube page, and it should load normally.
- How do I make border-less videos?
The trick is to upload an image that is exactly the same size as the video-size selected (1280x720 by default). If you have upgraded, the best thing to do is edit your image in Photoshop (or similar) so the background colour matches the colour around the main image. If you have not upgraded, you should make your background black, as the watermark that is added is framed in a black border.
- Can I use a .gif to make an animated video?
You can use a gif, but it will not be animated. The site will just take the first frame and repeat that. The reason the encoding is so quick is because the site does not have to render a whole video. If you want a proper "video", you would have to use software like Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere Pro (or similar)
- I want to send my video to multiple YouTube channels at the same time, is this possible?
The way to set the accounts up is as follows (AccountA and AccountB both need to have upgraded):
If you logout of TunesToTube and then log back in to using AccountA, you should be able to see AccountB's Channel ID in the 'Additional Accounts' drop-down menu. You can also set up a link the other way round, or grant permission to more than one channel.
- How can I disconnect my YouTube account from TunesToTube?
There should be no need to do this, but if you do wish to, you can revoke access by going to https://www.youtube.com/account_sharing and click the "Authorised sites to your Brand Account" link.
- How do I download songs from YouTube as MP3?
Sorry you can't download MP3s from YouTube using TunesToTube, only upload :-)